Sometimes, small companies try to make the world a better place, so they are changing their business, but in many cases, the huge multinational companies are changing how business is done. It is very hard to determine which companies are the best. Although, there are many surveys, some of them look only at the environmental criteria while others look at the workers’ rights and social justice. According to the B Company, the most sustainable companies in 2015, in the world are:
- Oliberté. A leather goods company from Canada. They are importing the materials from Africa, in order to help an economy in those countries.
- Echale a Tu Casa. It is the social housing company, based in Mexico.
- Beneficial State Bank, a financial institution.
Companies that are the best for the world, come from 49 industries. Just some of them are telecommunications, manufacturing, finance and pharmaceuticals. 37% of the honorees are located outside the US. Some of the companies are operating in Ethiopia, Brazil and Afghanistan. The best companies are:
- Alter Eco (Food and Beverage). This company is located in the United States
- Andean Naturals, Inc. (Food and beverage). Located in the United States.
- Algramo (Retail Storefront) located in Chile.
Beside mentioned companies, winners include clothing companies, accessories, services, agriculture, retail, renewable energy, banking and design. Also, there are ratings for companies: Best for Environment, Best for Community and Best for Workers. With the main list, there are many overlaps, which is a good thing. These lists are showing which companies are improving the business in all aspects.